What is the Collector Training Course?
A Collector Training Course teaches the US Department of Transportation mandated Urine Specimen Collector Guidelines and certifies collector proficiency. Many years ago, the US DOT determined the need for a program providing collection personnel with the training to become proficient in DOT and federal urine specimen collections for drug testing in the workplace. This program ensures that the collection is performed in a professional and consistent manner, maintaining confidentiality for the donor and security, integrity, and control of the specimen.
The diversity of collection sites and employer needs require that a program used to train and certify collection personnel be adaptable to fit the specific requirements of each facility or company and provide consistency and competency throughout the industry.
- Access the course, any time, any place, even after completion!
- Work at your own pace
- Most cost-effective method of training
- Best for extremely busy schedules
- Good for simultaneous corporate or organization-wide training
- No need to use your own facility, our classroom, or travel, learn at home or at the office!
- Complete courses quickly and thoroughly
- Excellent for those who do well with online courses, those who do not like large groups, and those with difficulty traveling
- No need to schedule ahead of time, courses may be started right away!
- Students do not meet collectors outside of their organization to network
- Training supplies must be on-hand or shipped
- Not as good for those who do not do well with online courses
- Only meet instructor via web conference, phone and email